Thursday, September 27, 2007

Happy First Birthday, Sophia!


Dear Sophia,

A year ago today I shed tears on your blanket. So happy to meet you and so in love.

Today I am stunned at how my love has already grown. Sweet, but sassy; can you already challenge me with your wit? Afraid so.

Your beautiful eyes and charming smile draw others to you. They don't know why, but I do. You love. My heart swells to know that you feel and understand love already in your first year. And already you freely share your heart with others.

As you toddle around while holding your daddy's fingers, I can only try to imagine how much more I will love you as I get to know you better. One year has only been a whisper of the love I'm confident you will inspire.

Happy birthday to the sweetest little girl I know.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. I got your email w/ birthday pictures and thought you may have a post today :-) It made me cry because I know that every word you say is true. I always said w/ my kids that I could tell their personality by 3 mo. and by 1 year it's pretty well carved out. Sophia is a blessed child that has been gifted by God to be a blessing as well. Love to you all on this special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Laurie, time for a new post :-)

    ReplyDelete