Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Time Slips Away

Hard to imagine that a week has gone by since my last post. The last week we've been riding the wave of a pleasant breeze with Sophia. Fun days, free of intense battles. I so appreciate all the support and affirmation that I've been shown since I posted last week. I so appreciate it and I know that, for many, it comes from a place of complete understanding! For now I'll thankfully admit my stories are tame and our time has flown by. Nothing to credit other than Sophia's potential realization I had reached wit's end... Knocking on wood and moving on.

Anyway, it's been a good week. On Sunday we tried another new church. We liked many things about it. The people at each church we've visited have been fantastic. This was no exception. One little girl in particular was a natural fit for our girl. As I went to pick Sophia up from her classroom, I heard a little girl tell her mom, "Sophie is my best friend!" I asked Sophia about it, and she said, "Yep, that's Daisy!" On our way out, Sophia spotted her new friend and we introduced ourselves. The other mom introduced her daughter as Natalie, and I said, "Oh that's funny! Sophia thought her name was Daisy!" The mother laughed really hard and said she couldn't believe that Natalie was introducing herself this way. Apparently for months she's been trying to get her friends and family to call her Daisy, but she didn't know she was telling new people that it was her name. A girl with that kind of imagination and determination can't help but be great friends (or probably enemies at times) with Sophia.

No comments:

Post a Comment