Monday, November 26, 2012

The Flip Side of Independence

We had a fantabulous weekend. Full of relaxation. Laughing. Playing. Resting. Snuggling. General perfection. So it always makes me sad to see Erick head off to work and Sophia walk into her classroom on the following Monday morning.

This morning when I told Sophia how much I'd miss her while she was at school, I thought maybe I shouldn't. I thought perhaps she'd see my admission as permission to stay. I envisioned her clinging to me an extra long time this morning and saying, "Mommy, I don't want to leave this morning. Can I please stay here with you?"

My fears were misplaced. When I uttered my confession, she turned to me and gave me her "Kinda-sorta" face and hand wiggle. I just squeezed her again and said (mostly truthfully) that I was glad that she loves school so much. She said, "Well, I just have so much fun with my friends that sometimes I forget about the weekend."

I'll have to be sure to remind her of how awesome I can be... Legendary fun is in the making.


No comments:

Post a Comment