Friday, January 10, 2014

Sick of the Snow

I like snow. I do. It's something I always say. "If it's going to be this cold, at least we could have snow." I will more or less stand by that statement. I just think I'd rather not have it go to such extremes. In temperature or snowfall...

Anyhow, it wasn't all bad. Even though the wind chills got to 35 below or something. Before the biggest chill hit, we went outside to play. Because the snow was just taunting us. Looking so perfect and untouched.

Bundled to the max


We didn't make it very long outside that day. Sophia could have kept going, but her cheeks took a while to return to their normal color. While she thawed, she blogged. And here's what she looked like. With her cup of snow beside her.



Anyway, now the snow is all gucky and brown. (I find it very interesting that spell check did not underline "gucky.") The charm is gone. And now the rain will even make it impossible to play in. So I'm ready to bid this one adieu.

The next time it gets very cold, I'm pretty sure I'll still say, "At least let's have a little snow."

No comments:

Post a Comment