Sunday, June 16, 2019

Beautiful Oregon

I may post more details later, but for now, here are some of my favorite things from our week in Oregon.


Favorite place we stayed:
Two nights in this lovely tiny house in the Boise neighborhood of Portland. We enjoyed the restaurants and shopping within walking distance.


Favorite drive:
The drive out past Mt. Bachelor here, with the top off the rental Jeep.


Bonus: Fall Creek, which comes from snow melting from the South Sister mountain (seen here) was so cold that even our "polar bear" daughter couldn't keep her feet in for more than five minutes. It took her a while to get the feeling back to her toes so we could take a hike.


Favorite hike:
The hike in the Three Sisters Wilderness, next to Fall Creek was a marvelous one. We didn't make the whole 11 mile trek, but we plan to make it happen next time!


Favorite overall place:
Smith Rock State Park



Each turn revealed something new and beautiful. Crooked River is something special.


It was actually quite a warm day. I could have kept going and going. As it was, my hiking partners were troopers and we all had fun!


Every time I thought it couldn't get better.


Each time I was impressed.


This one, though. Just pure showing off. Okay. Smith Rock clearly won my heart.


Favorite river:
The Deschutes
We floated it.


In various states of togetherness in our individual tubes.


We rode through Class 2 rapids. On my first trip down, I banged my right knee. On the second trip down, I scraped my right shin. On the third (pictured) trip down, I flipped the tube and lost my hat and glasses.


Sophia flipped, too, but came out happy and whole. The adventure was worth it.


Favorite locals:
Erick's uncle Bill & Cheryl


Favorite Beer:
the Wit from pFriem Family Brewing in Hood River


Favorite sunset:
In the Hood River Park across from pFriem


Favorite activity:
Trail ride over the Columbia River Gorge


Favorite story:
We topped out here, and I'll let Sophia tell the tale of our narrow trail


We had more adventures and lots more views, but these were my favorites. I'll tell you the stories when I see you next!

No comments:

Post a Comment