Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Socially Distanced Photo Shoots

During the first week of quarantine, which was also Sophia's Spring Break, Sophia and I walked into the woods to do a little photo shoot. It was a reason to get showered and dressed and out of the house. We decided it was something we would do occasionally as this went on. Yesterday was our second effort. Lots of fun to do this together. Sophia's enjoying being in front of and behind the camera. I'm just enjoying the silliness of the moments.

For this particular day's photos, we went up the hill to Concordia Seminary - a place with great architecture and plants to choose from as backgrounds.

Here is an over-the-shoulder smile that I'm proud of.


The squat and look up at me shot. A few shadows on the face, but overall a great picture of a beautiful girl.


This one I love because I caught the real giggle. I can't take credit for the giggle, though, she was cracking herself up.


Not sure what this is, but it was fun anyhow.



Her instructions here were, "Look confident." We can only hope that this is not actually how I look when I feel confident. Otherwise, I should definitely feel that less often.


Classic Senior picture moment. Super cute, though.


She thinks this is hilarious. She was being silly on purpose but has no idea what's meant to be happening with her hand.


Here is a photo from the jumping series.


Here's a selection from the running series.


Here is my Senior picture section. She did a great job, and I'm actually really pleased with these! Next professional headshot, probably!


 And, finally, here is our togetherness shot. Happily hanging out in the Spring sunshine. There are plenty of odd and uncomfortable moments in all of this, but I am so grateful to have Erick and this lovely girl to share every day with.

No comments:

Post a Comment