Sunday, December 19, 2010

Feeling Crafty

Maybe it's the holidays. Maybe it's helpful to keep busy. Who knows exactly how these things happen. I only know that craftiness seems to be going around.

My sister-in-law, Casey, has got the craft bug pretty seriously. She's a knitting fiend. Yesterday at my grandparents' home, I was the beneficiary of a heaping of that fiendishness. Look at this beautiful scarf! It's perfect, and I will wear it with pride, boasting of Casey's talent and taste. Assuming a stranger will ask me about it...

 


I have a slightly less ambitious version of craftiness, brought about mostly for a desire to have color and life on my walls and a lack of funds to make that happen professionally. Here is an example of some artwork, carefully crafted by yours truly. I'm actually quite pleased with the way this turned out. Don't worry, I don't fancy myself an artiste. But I will be filling my walls with my handiwork, especially while Hobby Lobby has their paint and canvas on sale!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment: