Friday, December 16, 2011

Silver Dollar City in the Rain

A couple of weekends ago, we got down to Springfield to see my parents. While we were there, we went to Silver Dollar City to see the Christmas lights.

I have so many great memories there at Christmas. I had never been during the season until we moved to Missouri in the 90's. Then it was always fun to go with my parents and just enjoy the hustle and bustle and Christmas spirit. Once Erick and I started dating, the Christmas festival at Silver Dollar City became very special to both of us. We didn't have any money in college, but since our parents still bought us season passes to SDC, we could go there for free of an evening! How romantic to wander around looking at the Christmas lights, watching the little familes that we envisioned would soon be us, taking many self portraits and just being together. Anyway, we love it there.

This time around on our visit, it was rainy. Very rainy. But not cold and not crowded. So I really didn't mind all that much. Everyone had fun.

 


Sophia talked to Santa. Asked for what she wanted and more (just to be safe). She's a wily kid.

 


And last, we saw the tree. I love that tree, too. Every year it just gets more spectacular. I especially love seeing it reflected in my baby's eyes.
 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment