Thursday, March 16, 2017

Horsing Around

Oddly, I don't think I've ever used that title before today. I'll probably forget and use it again the next time a horse post comes up, but here it is anyway.

This year, Sophia has been riding a new-to-her horse, and she's been with a new instructor. All is well! She's advancing quite a bit and trying to decide about joining Pony Club and stuff like that. It's the competitive arm of horsing around, I guess. So, she can join now, and then we'll have to see about prioritizing some things next fall/winter.

Sophia and Valentine are great buds already. She misses Buddy the appaloosa and Karoly the percheron, but he's growing on her, and she's building up his trust.



She goes pretty much every week now, which is part of the reason that she's improving so quickly. I love spending time at the farm, and I can't wait for the warm days when I'll get to watch the sunset over the rolling hills.


No comments:

Post a Comment