Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Worked

The only other post I wrote on here about going back to work was entitled "Work", so for this new post, I'll call it "Worked". Get it? I worked. It didn't work out.

I'm not finished, but I am on pause. Long story short: nonprofit doesn't seem to be a great fit for me. What does seem to be a great fit is being in a school building helping people get from point A to B and making people feel welcomed and important. So, I'm going to try to get a job in a school building. I'm on pause because there won't be openings till next school year most likely. So, I'll wait it out and hope for the best.

I learned a lot about myself through this process. Five months on a job. For at least three of them, I was wasting away a little. Not physically, of course, but mentally. So I'll try this other approach and take it slowly and wait for a good fit.

For now, I'll keep volunteering at the school in Normandy where I feel useful and I love the people. So, it's a win-win for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment