Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Feminine and Understated

 



I am drawn by the simplicity of the colors of the female cardinal. She isn't anyone's mascot. She doesn't immediately draw attention, but the soft colors and hues of her feathers are, in my opinion, more lovely than the garish reds of her counterpart. You have to look at her more carefully to see where the reds come into play. I imagine her subtlety drives the boys wild.

Nature is an intriguing thing, and sometimes it's waiting right out the front window to be noticed.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. This may be one of your best pieces of writing. It would also be a wonderful description of the love of life. Her subtleties drive me crazy.

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Honey. I knew you'd like the word "garish."

    ReplyDelete