Tuesday, September 21, 2010

With Good Reason

I have been incommunicado lately, and there is a very good reason. I've had one thing primarily on my brain, but I have not had the time or energy or freedom or something to get my thoughts down about it.

Erick interviewed for, was offered and accepted a position with a law firm in St. Louis. There, I said it. Since I chose him and we chose this path together, I'll be joining him. Sophia is too young to stay in Columbia by herself, so she's coming with us, too. Hopefully we'll all be there together before 2010 is out.

As you can imagine, and as many of you have experienced, this is a consuming and emotional process, to say the least. I will do my best to come up with more words at some point in the near future. For now, I thought it would be helpful just to break the news to those who didn't already know and break the ice with those who did.

I found myself this morning finally changing the "We are probably..." to "We are moving to St. Louis." That was a big barrier that has now been knocked down.

3 comments:

  1. It is with good reason, but still makes me sad. Looking foward to hearing more words about all that your family is going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again. It's likely to be a complicated, exciting, exhausting, and exhilirating few months, if our experience is any barometer.

    In the end, I'm convinced it will be worth the effort for you. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have known something was up when I saw the "for sale" sign in your yard!

    ReplyDelete