Sunday, March 11, 2012

Planning the Planting

I'm not much of a gardener. I typically plant some stuff and give up on it after the first full week that I forget to water it. Last year, I just put a few little pots together, but that isn't going to be the case this year.

Lately, Sophia has been saying that she wants to live in a house instead of an apartment, specifically so she can grow a garden. We're not moving to a house any time soon, so I have decided to see what we can manage on our back steps.

We spent our afternoon looking at plants online and deciding what we are going to plant. Now we are ready! I think. I really don't know, to be honest. I'm oddly excited but also very pessimistic. I don't mind when things get brown and crispy or when vegetable plants don't produce as much as I hoped. I don't think Sophia is going to be quite as understanding...

We are going to start planting over Spring Break. the 19th. Is that too early? I'm not sure how long I can hold her off. Then again, I won't spend the money twice. Help, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment