Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Almost Summer


Admittedly, adding Sophia to my blog has been a mixed bag. Part of the reason I blog less often is because she says that she wants to blog about certain things, but she gets too distracted to follow through. I could just go for it, but her posts always add such a great perspective, especially as it relates to things she's doing that I really want to give her the chance to do it.

This is the last week of school for Sophia. It's been a lovely year for both of us. Last night, as I was putting her to bed, Sophia said, "I'm just sad about it because first grade has had such an impact on my life." I kid not. That's what she said. I could say the same thing, I suppose.

Like most parents who are at home full time, I have mixed feelings about summer. Most of me is excited. I truly like spending time with my kid. She's a hoot. However, I've gotten quite attached to my routine. So I'll fill this week with all my favorite activities and look forward to my days with Sophia to come. I do realize how lucky I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment