Monday, January 19, 2015

Perfect Combination

This weekend brought lovely weather to Missouri. It's especially welcome since it's right on the back end of some very cold temperatures. Not only did they keep us inside and away from Forest Park, they froze all the creeks and little waterways completely solid.

The ice comes up in layers, much to the delight of an explorer and the dog who loves to eat ice.


Making for very chilly kisses.



I have to admit that it's lots of fun to walk on ice, stroll on ice, even skate (scoot) on ice. We spent a very long time at the park on Saturday and ended up very muddy.


Completely worth it. Except, I did fall down the hill right in front of the Skinker stoplight. Fortunately, grace is not an attribute that I thought I possessed.


I hate the cold weather so much. I really do. The fact remains that I couldn't possibly appreciate mid-40's temperatures the way I do if it didn't sometimes get ridiculously cold. Not to mention, ice is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment