Thursday, August 2, 2012

Kindergarten Blues


There are less than two weeks until Sophia starts Kindergarten. She is pumped. I am nervous. Well, not nervous exactly. Sophia will do great. She was made for school. Every time we've been into the school, she has made at least one new friend and has made efforts to talk to the teachers. It's not quite that simple for me. This is the beginning of the next thirteen years of our lives. Crazy really. I just added the Kindergarten calendar - PTO meetings, school events and classroom parties. This is going to be crazy. Not to mention the fact that my baby is headed off to spend the bulk of her days with other people. I'm not quite ready for that, but I'm excited for her. I can't wait to see what kind of big kid she turns into in this first year of school. I also can't wait to find out what it's like to be a grade school parent. Well, I'll be glad to have a year under my belt anyway... Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I know! It's so mixed. Happy because they are doing and going, just as they should. Reflective and sad because they are doing and going...

    ReplyDelete