Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Blank Paper

Newly fallen snow makes me think of blank paper.

Also, it's been a quiet week. Sophia hurt her toe at school last Wednesday, so we didn't go out in the snow when it came down here. Now it's been rained on and is gross but sticking around.

This is what she did when the toe got better. I know it's blurry, but it's the best I could get.



Obviously, she's feeling much better. 

This is and has been a full week for me. Helping at school with Literacy Groups, which is a short-term commitment, has been lots of fun. Best thing to come out of it was when one Kindergartner told me he doesn't eat snow any more because of the trans fats. I kid you not. I have no idea how he heard about trans fats or how he thinks they come to be in snow, a.k.a. frozen water. Regardless, it was all I could do not to laugh or ask him to repeat it for me several times. However, I didn't want the rest of the kids in our group to go home worried about the trans fats in snow clogging their "orteries" as he said trans fats are likely to do.

If something interesting happens, I'll be sure to fill you in. Till then, happy winter days for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment