Monday, June 28, 2010

Every New Beginning


I would be remiss if I didn't mention the thing that redeems this latest goodbye. It's hard to say goodbye and hello in the same sentence, but that's what we did this last weekend. It's a very unique neighborhood that we have here, so it makes sense that we'd experience a unique situation or two in the mix.

As Jenny and Aaron drove away, I wiped away my tears (and Sophia's). Then I watched a very good friend walk into that very house as the new owner. Wow. Weird. It actually makes me choke up again.

So now we begin a new chapter on the street, in which Niki and JP are the proprietors of the cute corner house. I can't even begin to tell you how awesome this part is. There could have been a high-priced lottery to determine who would be the lucky neighbors of these kind, fun and easy friends. Luckily for us, Niki has had her eye on the house before she had her eye on JP. So here we are.

Welcome to the street, guys. I considered myself lucky when I was just your friend. To be your neighbor is more than I could have hoped!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you friend. Its been a dream come true to have the honor of being your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete