Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Natural Friends

I think I've mentioned in the past how my college roommate, Risha, and I struck up an immediate friendship, being basically inseparable during our college years and have maintained a close friendship beyond. It seems that friendship like this may, in fact, be hereditary.

This last weekend, we went to visit Paul, Risha, Lilly and Nora at their house. We had no sooner walked in that Sophia kicked off her shoes, turned to Lilly and they ran off together with plans and giggles. We didn't see them for more than fifteen or twenty minutes at a time for the entire twenty-four hours we were all together. I didn't have to say one thing to Sophia about behavior or kindness. It was a relaxing time for all of us.

 


I feel bad for little Nora. She wants so badly to hang with the big girls, but they were just too fast, and without our supervision, which wasn't appreciated by the big girls, she couldn't participate in their big girl games. She had fun in the sun, though.

 


We adults had a great time. Seems like we ate a lot, but that seems about right. Paul prepared some excellent kebabs for us.

 


At night, we went out to take a look at the stars through Paul's telescope. The girls just ran around some more. Then slept really well.

 


I'm just grateful for easy friendships for myself and Sophia!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment