Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Preschool Test Run

 


Yesterday morning, Sophia and I went to a Play Day for new students of her preschool. She had been excited about the whole prospect, but once the morning came, she kicked that excitement to a new level. Every thirty minutes or so, she would turn to me and say, "Mommy, you didn't forget what we're doing today, did you?" Now, I won't go into her reasons - justified or otherwise - for thinking I may forget something on our schedule. The point is, she was excited! So excited that she changed her outfit three times before we left!

Once we got there, she held my hand for about twenty seconds and was off on her own! It really was a huge relief for both of us that she took to it so well. Now, that's not to say that she won't have some hesitations on mornings that she doesn't feel like going, but getting that good start was a huge deal.

She officially starts next Tuesday, so I'll let you know how it goes once it's official!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment