Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Words are Fun

 


In a few weeks, we are going to Seattle to see our friends the Chandlers. When we first started to plan the trip, Blake calmly announced that when we visit, he is going to teach Sophia to read. Imagine Sophia's excitement at that possibility. She is quite confident that when she returns, she'll be a reader.

The past couple of weeks, she has been doing some prep work, I guess, because she has been trying to write words. She's been practicing recognizing and reading small words in books and around too. It's a lot of fun, and a lot of work. I am very excited for Sophia.

As a kid, reading was my very favorite activity. I was talking about this last night with my friend Cayla. We could both remember the excitement of a summer reading list. As much as Sophia loves words and stories, reading is going to offer a whole new world, or limitless worlds rather, and I am so excited for her to start on the journey.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment