Wednesday, August 24, 2011

On a Boat

 


Last Friday night, we took our little family for a boat ride. Of the paddle variety. We've been planning on doing this at some point since we moved here. Erick and I took the same ride in our pre-Sophia days. The plan was to wait until it got a little cooler. It's still ridiculously hot here in Missouri, but I'm not known for my patience. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't make it happen again before the winter because it would be even more delightful if it were cool.

Anyway, Erick and I had fun and got a good quad workout. Sophia absolutely loved it. There is just something so peaceful and calming about a boat ride on a still lake around sunset. We got to the Grand Basin and just hung around for a while.

 


Sophia put her toes in and splashed around. I was too busy hanging onto her jacket to snap any pictures of that.

Sophia steered on the way back to the dock. That was an experiment. She did really well overall, but we did have to help in order to avoid collisions with other boaters...

 


This picture just reminds me that my baby's almost five.

 


Anyway, I got distracted there. This post was about having fun on a paddle boat. It's just $15 for the hour, too. I don't know, but that seemed like a decent deal to me. We'd love company, if you want to join us there some time!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment: