Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A couple melancholy fall thoughts


I had some time to write down some thoughts, and a few flowed as poems. Sorry they're so melancholy. It always makes me feel better to get it down.

Choices

The anger gets swept away on the colorful breeze
My hair falls across my face reminding me of your holy touch
How can a world filled with hatred reflect your intoxicating beauty
My sadness sinks into me like the fall rains - providing moisture for my soul
Emotion feeds my mind and pushes the pen
How to be grateful for the freedom that brings pain and life in the same breath

Am I?

I look down to avoid your gaze.
How can I hide my shame?
You know me better than I'm known to myself.

That's the problem, isn't it?
Who am I deep down? You already know.
I don't face you because of the fear that deep down I'm nothing -
And I'll see it written on your face.

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate your honesty in posting your sad/difficult thoughts, as well as your joyful/fun thoughts. That's life as we all experience it, and your blogs are a good reminder of that. Thanks for being real! Love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for posting these LJ--love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed at your clarity of thought and ability to gets thoughts into words. Very thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete