Monday, November 19, 2007

The Up-Side


The purchase was unintentional, it's true. However, we have decided to make lemonade - figuratively, of course. The centerpiece really is beautiful. It is a healthy orchid with several lovely white blooms. I have decided to make it the focal point of our bedroom when we move our bedroom downstairs. That is a project that is going to come to fruition some time in the next few months, after a series of projects is completed. Erick has a good point, though. It will be a depressing focal point when it's dying. So I need help to keep an orchid alive. Does anyone have any tips or facts that I must know to be able to keep this healthy and blooming? I'm at a loss. Not a green thumb, to say the least. So please help!

As far as the bedroom decor goes, I'm thinking dark sage green with black accents, brought together with a nice hotel quality down comforter. Mmmm. I'd love to dive in already!

1 comment:

  1. The orchid is very pretty! I love the story of how you got it too. :-) The new bedroom idea sounds great. Hope we can catch up soon, I miss ya!

    ReplyDelete