Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Two of my Neighbors


Today wasn't a normal Tuesday. On account of the troublesome bug running amok in my system (really not that bad), I didn't keep the boys today. Usually on Tuesdays, Casey and I switch an hour or so of childcare to give one another a little break from the kiddos and connect with our heads or hearts or God or whatever might be needed in that moment. What I didn't anticipate was how much I would come to enjoy that time of hanging out with Aaron and William. They are so much fun. Even if we just enjoy a movie and cuddle a while, it's a great time. Casey still watched Sophia for me today, and the report - in Casey's words, "Well, she doesn't have to be perfect all the time." Anyway, the point of the story is that we all enjoy a little auntie-kiddo time. It is really a privilege to get to have this type of relationship with kids who mean so much to me. I just wish I could do the same with all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment