Monday, November 9, 2009

Red Letter Day

Sophia had no accidents and many pees from 11 a.m. until bed. I used the trick Sarah gave in the comments. Every time she asked, I said yes to drinks - more juice than usual, but it paid off. (Thanks, Sarah!) No poop yet (since the frustration and vinegar this morning), but I am certainly not complaining. For a first day of potty training, I would call this a complete and total success. Definitely not what I expected.

Sophia actually had a ton of fun today. She got a LOT of personal attention, and a few treats. She also got to stay at home, which is what she always prefers. She always forgets how much she loves to go out until we GET out. It's the getting there part that can be rough.

Anyway, terrific day. I'm definitely pooped. Pun intended. How exhausting! Even though the day could not have gone much better, it's just so tiring to be ever vigilant. And this is just the start. Does it get harder when the treats stop? I'm just curious.

Here she is showing off . . . in a knight helmet for some reason.

 


This is Sophia with a very chocolate mouth after eating a treat that Grandma bought her yesterday.

 


I'll update you tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. so glad today went well! good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad pumping the liquids worked. :) Way to go Sophia! and mommy, too.

    ReplyDelete