Saturday, March 20, 2010

Another Open House

This post will be a quarterly occurence as long as Sophia continues in Dance class. Once each semester, parents are allowed to come into the dance studio to take pictures, videos and be a general distraction to the dancers. I love this day. Since the dance studio is so close to Erick's office, he comes too. So it's Sophia's favorite dance class too.

I just love watching Sophia interact with the other kids and with Miss Hallie, her teacher.

Here she is getting ready for class. I did notice that she would rather be talking than paying attention throughout the class. I really don't know where she gets that. All of the kids are that way to an extent, but she definitely has more persistence than most...

 


The quintessential ballerina move (more or less):

 


I love this one because they're doing the chicken dance while looking in the mirror. She is really working hard at this point. Concentrating everything she has to get her finger beaks to do the right thing at the right moment.

 


And here is our sweet ballerina. Doing an arabesque, mind you.

 


Toward the end of May, they have a recital at Jesse Hall. I am excited about it, but I'm also maintaining low expectations for her willingness to perform. She's much more "into" the whole thing this semester than last. I can attribute the turn around to the Chicken Dance, to be honest. This girl LOVES to shake her tailfeathers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment