Erick picked up the bed yesterday. He came home, and the two of them got right to work putting the bed together.
It was quite a bit easier than we thought at first, considering it has so many parts to put together. Fortunately all the individual pieces came put together, so we just had to assemble the bed itself and then put it all together. Sophia was immediately thrilled with the result.
Then came the true test. Ever since we got back from vacation, Sophia has been having trouble with sleep. Either going to sleep to begin with or waking in the middle of the night. We chalked it up to vacation, then she got sick, then we took away the crib. So to think the transition to the bed last night would go well seemed like way to much to hope for. I thought even if she went to sleep okay, she'd still have trouble in the middle of the night when she realized she was asleep...
Nope. No trouble. She did wake up in the middle of the night, but she went right back to sleep. When she woke up this morning, she was as surprised as we were, I think. She said, "A big girl never knows what she can do until she tries!"
She does this often. It's like muscle confusion or something. Almost every "first" night we try a change, Sophia does great and sleeps all night. I'm thrilled that she did so well. I'm just not sure that we can hope for the same for the next few nights. We'll just see.