Friday, January 21, 2011

Almost Trouble

Tonight, Erick and I went to dinner while a local tween from the neighborhood stayed and played with Sophia. She is a friend of a friend, and we thought it would be nice to have someone handy for daytime/early dates or appointments, so we gave her a call to let them get to know each other tonight.

Sophia took her directly to her room and barely looked up when we left, so we knew it would be a good time. When we got home, they were still (or again) in her room playing. They told us what fun they had and what they had done. When I got out the door with the sitter to drive her the three blocks home (it's really cold), she said, "Sophia was really fun and sweet." Short pause. "She offered me wine." WHAT?? Yeah, apparently the sitter told Sophia that she was thirsty, and being the gracious hostess that she is, Sophia said, "We have some wine there. Would you like some?"

I doubled over in laughter when she told me. Then I promptly thanked this girl for not taking her up on the offer. Whew. That could have been a very ugly scenario to come home to.

We'll be using her again. Next time, I will put out a nice full glass of water and put my wine out of Sophia's sight...

4 comments: