Thursday, January 6, 2011

Togetherness

 


Sophia and I have spent more quality time together since our move to St. Louis than I thought I could handle. The holidays helped us both make it to the new year, and preschool should get us through the winter all right.

We have lots of fun together really. She is very much into helping right now. When I clean, she cleans. When I cook, she tries to help. There is pretty much nothing - and I do mean nothing - that I do during the day that she doesn't think she could help me out with.

Sometimes, however, her helpfulness runs out. Today, while I was cooking, she played in her room. I asked if it was a mess, and she responded affirmatively. I said of course that was fine as long as she helped me clean it up. Her response, "I don't really like helping clean messes I make." Me: "It's just part of being human." Brief pause: "Then I'll be a frog."

The other day, we got to be outside for a while at the park and just out in the neighborhood. Little respites like that help us both tremendously. Just in case you were wondering, this is her response after being caught doing something I had just asked her not to do. In case you needed to know.


 


One of her current favorite comebacks is, "Why are you asking me?" Sometimes it fits, and sometimes it doesn't. She doesn't seem to care whether or not it works. She just throws it out there when she doesn't know the answer.

I have to admit that I have enjoyed my quality time with the girl. She is a hoot.

1 comment: