Wednesday, March 2, 2011

On Hold

My previous week's lesson is currently on hold before resolution will be found. I went back to the residence of the person in question, who does happen to be a professor, and she was asleep. Knocking and calling didn't wake her, so I went upstairs to have a talk with the volunteer coordinator.

It was a very helpful talk. I was right. She wasn't that surprised at the result. We agreed on a few steps to feel out my future welcomeness. And we discussed some other possibilities for usefulness to them outside visiting with this particular person.

Just wanted to let you know that the story is playing out. I, for one, am giddy with anticipation.

2 comments:

  1. You never know what goes on in the mind of others! Particularly in the mind of those in long-term care facilities... Don't be discouraged though. At least you are doing something and not just sitting there thinking, 'You know, I should do something...someday!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about your volunteer adventures. Keep the stories coming! Oh, and you may be surprised to know just how much your presence means even if it isn't communicated.

    ReplyDelete