Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Love Labor Day

My parents came into town for the weekend, and we fit a ton into it. Mom always has a place or two on a list of things to do that I've never heard of before. It's really a great way to get to know the city.

This time, I preemptively bought tickets for a Trolley Site-seeing tour of downtown up to Forest Park. It was entertaining and educational. A ton of fun! I learned several things I'd never heard about St. Louis before, and we got some fun ideas on things to do in St. Louis. Sophia slept through most of the tour, but it was 90 minutes well spent.

 


On the tour guide's recommendation, we visited The Basilica, and it was not a disappointment. An incredible feat of art and ingenuity.

 


We took Mom and Dad to one of our favorite eateries. If ever we're craving breakfast food, City Diner is the place to be. I can't get enough of their biscuits and gravy. Mmmm. I want some right now.

 


We spent a few hours (yes, we got it done quickly!) on Sunday painting Sophia's room. I absolutely love the way it turned out. Sophia does, too, which is more important, I suppose. It also gave us a chance to go through some of her things. The result is a beautiful room fit for a 5-year-old.

 


Love, love, love the Sassy Violet room!

 



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love that color! It looks so good, even on my lame monitor.

    ReplyDelete