Thursday, April 24, 2008

Final Chapter of Travel Journal

I know. I'm sure you're all glad to be done with this. Atlanta can't possibly be this exciting, right? Still, I wanted to do Atlanta's finer points justice while addressing the joys and dramas of traveling with a toddler. Then again, maybe I just ran off my entire readership. More pictures of Sophia! That should help.

Anyway, this chapter is about odds and ends and the attractions of Atlanta. Most of our time without Erick was spent at the Centennial Olympic Park. The playground was the best one that Sophia and I had ever seen. It was just right for her. Slides and things to spin or beat on. Plenty of places to climb.

Most importantly for Sophia, however, were the swings. These were great swings. I think she felt like a big kid because she wasn't confined by a bar. Regardless, I had to force her to give turns.

She also loved to plop down anywhere to read her tiny book.



Erick's favorite attraction was by far the Aquarium. It was very cool. We were there over an hour and a half, only to visit two of their five major wings. We saw the big guys, though. They have three beluga whales and a few whale sharks. Both of which were extremely impressive. Sophia, of course, was just as impressed by the schools of tuna and the swarms of elementary kids. Still, I am so glad we went. Here are Erick and Sophie in front of the beluga whales.


We enjoyed our share of malls and walking...lots and lots of walking. MARTA, the public transportation, was a lot of fun to use. Such a country bumpkin to say that, I know. Still, Sophia and I both enjoyed all our trips back and forth...planned or not!

Thanks for coming along with me on this laborious journey through Atlanta!

3 comments:

  1. Those pics are too cute! what is with that tiny little book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the tour, thanks.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really enjoyed your journal of the trip. The first picture in this entry looks professional!!
    Thanks for sharing - Patty

    ReplyDelete