Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring Rain and Cute Kids


I will just have to give you a word picture of this since my camera was across the street and Casey's battery was dead.

Yesterday after Sophia's nap, the rain had stopped and the sun was out for a short time, so we took advantage of it as we do many days and played in the driveway with Casey and Aaron and William. First, Aaron pulled Sophia around in a little red wagon. She was so very pleased to be carted about in such a careful manner. Aaron was a very good driver. Quite a while into their stroll, it began to sprinkle. They loved running around catching the rain and Sophia loved getting wet. Then it started to pick up a bit. Casey got out three little umbrellas. The boys, of course, were professionals. I was really shocked at how well Sophia did keeping this big umbrella over her head! She kept it there a lot longer than I expected. Eventually, she just stopped. She stood fully in the rain holding the umbrella by her side and appeared to be frozen to the spot. I went to bring her into the garage, but she wouldn't have it. She still wanted to be in the rain. So, gentlemen as they are, the boys stood crouched over her with their umbrellas overlapped on top of her. "William, we have to walk where she walks." This, of course, was Aaron. They were just so sweet. It's in moments like those that I realize just how lucky my little girl really is. Wow. I just hope she realizes it and doesn't take it to mean that she truly is the crowned princess they make of her. Well, I guess that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I'm just not sure any man could handle it decades down the road...Anyway, I just had to share the story of the cutest kids on the block.

1 comment: