Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ouch



Does anyone else get a little sick at their stomach in watching this? I'm just trying to imagine a situation in which I would booo the President of the United States. I'm having a hard time comprehending that type of disrespect participated in by so many! I'm not saying that I agree with all of his policies, even most at this point. Regardless of how little you agree with the man, he is still the President of the United States, elected twice!

I'm open to other views on this. Please share them with me. I say "Booo" a lot, but the only people that receive that treatment from me are the Kansas Jayhawks, and even then I would never booo individuals or even the team if I thought they took it personally. Am I being a hypocrite? If so, no more Boooos to the Jayhawks either. Can I get an "Amen" or even a "Boooo"?

6 comments:

  1. I couldn't see what you are booing but I'm sure if you say boo it is OK!As for booing in general if it is OK to cheer what we love ~ then it is OK to boo what we don't!
    Isn't this a great country!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you! I am with you on booing the Jayhawks and as a Cardinals fan, booing the Cubs, but the President of the United States? Kudos to him for staying composed, throwing out the pitch and even smiling. It couldn't have been easy hearing what he was hearing. Boo to the baseball fans in the crowd that couldn't show a little more respect for the leader of our country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or not to boo! I was thinking about KU not the president!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured that's what you meant. Thanks for clearing it up though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would not personally boo the president, or anyone for that matter. However, I'm not sure that he can expect anymore given the disregard his administration has shown to the opinions and views of many Americans. I'm going to see if I can link to a thing on YouTube of Cheney. His response to the first question seems to sum up the way it seems that this administration feels about the people it was elected to protect and serve. Just my 2 cents... :-) ~erica

    Hope this works:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=SypeZjeOrY4

    -if not go to YouTube and search "Cheney so?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems different to boo an opposing team or referees for bad calls than to boo the President of the United States. However, I don't know that it is different. However, I do not know that respect equates to not booing.

    That said I can't imagine sitting quietly as a KU Jayhawk team took the field/court. Although in todays day and age a resounding silence may be more traumatic than the booing.

    I also think that as POTUS (and an historically unpopular one at that) he expects it. It is our right to express our opinions as we see fit so long as that expression does not infringe anyone else's rights. Booing express displeasure and may people rightly or wrongly (rightly imo) are displeased at this time.

    Also, perhaps they were just saying BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!

    You know like BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE! used to be for the Rams.

    I don't really know and ended up just rambling so BOOOO to rambling posts (no disrespect meant to the writer)

    ReplyDelete