Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's Day!


I thought about announcing that I was pregnant or something today, but that is really just pointless and not really very funny. April Fool's Day can be a good time, and it can be a ridiculous way to make your friends look ridiculous. My best April Fool's Day was when I was very young. For some reason, I was at my granny's house. I ran inside and exclaimed, "Grandma! Grandma! There's a bear outside and he's coming in!" I think I had read something similar in a book, so I can't even claim that this particular prank was original. The original prank was probably done by someone who lived near woods or mountains and may have actually seen a bear in their lifetime. Anyway...she played along very nicely, and convinced me that I had convinced her. It's one of my favorite memories looking back. Just because she went to such trouble to make me feel like I was successful in such a small way.

What is your favorite April Fool's Day memory? Have any?

3 comments:

  1. When I drop the boys off at 10:15 this morning I am not going to pick them back up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would then become my favorite April Fool's Day memory. They would love to help me come up with a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite April Fool's was last year when Casey snuck under the table during breakfast and tied my shoe laces together. I fell down, of course, when I tried to walk away from the table.

    While I was lying on the floor, I saw a quarter and thought, "ooh, a quarter!" But more hilarity ensued as I tried to pick up the quarter for a couple minutes before I realized Casey had glued it to the floor!

    Chuckling and a little dusty, I went to wash my hands in the sink and I got soaked because Casey had put a rubber band on the sink sprayer.

    Because I was wet, I had to change my pants but I struggled getting them on because Casey had sewn the legs shut. Funny girl.

    But at least I had plenty of time to deal with all this before work, I thought. But when I got in the car I realized Casey had set all the clocks in the house back 1 hour and now I was an hour late for work.

    When I turned the car on, the radio, wipers and heat were all blaring.

    Funny stuff but I finally made it to work. As I got my glasses out from my work bag, I saw that Casey had sent me a baggie of my favorite cookies - Oreos. That was nice of her because of the little pranks and all. I got my coffee and sat down to enjoy some delicious Oreos. She had replaced the icing with toothpaste.

    That was a good April 1.

    ReplyDelete