Monday, January 12, 2009

Brief Update

After a sleepless night last night and some complaints about the pain this morning, we took Sophia in a day early to the Burn Clinic, as the doctor had told us he wanted to know of any pain. So they unwrapped, cleaned and rewrapped the wound. Sounds so simple on paper. I'm just glad it's over.

We go back on Friday for another rewrap. He said the depth of burn typically heals in 10 to 14 days. I thought that sounded great! I was envisioning months, particularly since it already feels that way. But after a good nap this afternoon, Sophia and I are much closer to our perky selves, although I'm guessing that will take some time. Just wanted you all to know that Sophia is feeling better all the time. I don't anticipate her being willing to admit that her hand hurts again after this morning's ordeal. Even as they were unwrapping it, she began to insist "My hand feels much better!" I'm sure that is indicative of some larger thought about healing, but I'll just leave it there for now.

Thanks for thinking and praying for us!

4 comments:

  1. That Sophia- I love her. She sounds like so many patients, it hurts until it is time to do something and then "I feel much better." I am praying for quick recovery for all. My heart goes out to her, burns are painful. Did they think she wouldn't hurt? I hope you are giving her something for pain. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, wish I had thought to call you. :) I learned the hard way to continue round the clock Tylenol/Ibuprofen, whether she's complaining or not. Much, much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope she heals quickly and keeps her spirits up. It's so hard to watch them hurt. We are thinking of you and remembering Sophia in our prayers also. Let us know if we can do anything to help.

    ReplyDelete