Thursday, January 29, 2009

Good Report


Today was our last visit to the University Hospital Burn and Wound Clinic. That is one thing that I am very excited to say. Sophia just freaked out this morning when I told her that we had to go there. She had been doing so well with her hand this week that I didn't really prepare for that reaction. Apparently the whole thing has been a bit more traumatic than I thought. Also, Sophia is a bit more dramatic than normal.

Still, we went, took off the bandage and don't have to put a new one on! Yeah!! Sophia is pleased that she's "healed," but she would still rather have it covered up, I think. Since having the bandage off, she's actually been more protective of it than she has been in a couple of weeks. I'm sure she'll adjust. She always does. It's still red and will be for a couple of months. It's skin, though, and that's the important thing.

First crisis of 2009 navigated. Whew.

3 comments:

  1. The Switzers are so happy that Sophia's hand is healing and the bandage is off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was sad to read your last post about your ability to keep plants alive.... BECAUSE .... I burnt my hand last weekend, very badly I'm afraid .... AND .... my aloe plant saved the day. I filleted a piece and taped it to the burn for quite a while. What had immediately started to blister WENT AWAY! And, to use one of your (and DVD's) favorite words, I was VERKLEMPT! Also, very glad that Sophie is doing much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you could give me one or two very simple steps to keep an aloe plant alive, I'd give it a shot. That's a plant that I've always wanted to have around. I burn my hand on the oven more often than I would like to admit....

    ReplyDelete