Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No Kodak moments

I realized this morning how uneventful our last few days have been when I discovered that my camera was missing - and has been since Friday night. Hmmm. This morning, Sophia finally woke up and started acting more like herself. So when the picture perfect moments presented themselves, I began to look around for my camera. Finally, I realized that I had left my camera at a friend's house on Friday night.

All that to say that Sophia is back to herself. She's been a chatterbox and has resumed bouncing from room to room rather than sauntering. It is a relief in so many ways. She has been used to a more relaxed system of rules in the past week or so. I just have been choosing my battles pretty carefully. It goes without saying that this has been duly noted and taken advantage of by a savvy Sophia. Still, because I know that her natural spirit is sensitive and sweet, I've been willing to put up with a little more. You can imagine my relief at having a good start today.

I tried to watch the Inauguration on streaming video on cnn.com, but Sophia saw video on the computer and began begging for Yo Gabba Gabba. Since we have plans to relive the entire experience tonight with some friends, I didn't put up a fight. Again with the battle choosing. Can't wait to hear if the speech lived up to the hype (that would be nearly impossible). I almost felt badly for President Obama (wow, it feels weird to say that) as so many people have incredibly high expectations. I am truly hopeful that some, if not all, promises will be fulfilled. Regardless of the success of the first 100 days, I am thrilled with the possession that Americans seem to have taken in their own political process. It's an exciting time!

No comments:

Post a Comment