Monday, June 22, 2009

Daddy's Day Activities

Even though, it was the longest day of the year, I just didn't have the time to get these pictures up last night. *Insert Erick saying, 'Every day is 24 hours.'*

I think I love Father's Day as much or more than Mother's Day. For some reason, we tend to focus on spending more time together relaxing and hanging out as a family, spoiling ourselves with yummy things to eat and getting little accomplished on Daddy's Day. My day is usually all about me. I love it. And I need it. But spending Daddy's Day as a family is really a treat for all of us.

We started out the day hiking through the mist in Rock Bridge State Park. We were thankful for the natural umbrella of the trees!



The rest of our day was spent in lazy self-indulgence. Eating barbecue, shopping, napping. It was great.

Then we topped off the evening the way we enjoy ending summer Sundays - at Shelter Gardens, or, as Sophia now calls it, "Music Park." Sophia asked Erick to read her the evening's program, and this was the result. I don't need to tell you that she hangs on every word from her daddy.



He is such a sweet daddy. Not at all afraid to get sweaty or thirsty if Sophia asks to be chased. I'm so glad that I get to parent with this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment