Monday, June 15, 2009

Early Morning Show

Sophia wakes up early as a general rule. She wakes up around 6:00 every morning for three weeks, then has a week that she sleeps till after 7:00. We're back on an early schedule, and that is hard to get used to.

The good thing about it is that this morning by 8:00, I had done three loads of laundry and run and emptied the dishwasher. Not too shabby, although there are other ways I'd like to spend a rainy Monday morning.

It's hard to stay in bed when there is a little girl chattering away in your ear.

"Mommy, did you wear these when you got weddinged? I will wear them when I get weddinged, too." As she struts around in my white wedding shoes, insisting that she's going to marry her daddy.



The wedding shoes conversation is shortly followed by growling and following me around. When I scream and run from the tiger, I'm informed that she's not a tiger, she's a dinosaur. So. . . . Apparently a saber tooth tiger?

3 comments:

  1. love her! good to see you today, if only for a short while. hope to have more adult conversation soon. keep the sophie stories coming, they brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I wouldn't relish being awake at 6am, I am somewhat jealous of your productive morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my productivity peaked around 8:30. Haven't accomplished much to speak of since then. I'm hoping for a second wind before bed!

    ReplyDelete