Monday, June 8, 2009

Seven Years Today

Seven years ago today, I married my wonderful husband. Our love is stronger in every way today than it was all those years ago. I have had seven years with my best friend (corny but true), the best travel companion, Sophia's lovely dad and my devoted partner. Bliss. So why have I spent the day a teary and melodramatic mess, deep in the throes of a grumpfest?

It could be because we came home yesterday to an unexpected and sizable medical bill from my miscarriage. It could be because we stayed up too late this weekend, and I'm not great with little sleep. Or it could be because in order to be happy and feel my joy in our marriage, I'm opened up to feeling the losses that have been part of our seven-year journey.

Regardless, I can honestly say that I am content in my life today. I can also honestly say that I haven't had many sadder days. Wow, I'm complicated. Feel free to let Erick know what a champ he is for navigating through the labyrinth that is my soul.

4 comments:

  1. Drats and congrats. It was a lovely day (and party) 7 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you hugs of congratulations for celebration and hugs of comfort for grieving. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you both! Sounds like you had a great weekend in Kansas City. Thanks for sharing another example of how to navigate the highs and low of life honestly and gracefully.

    ReplyDelete