Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Away we go!

Vacation starts tomorrow. It seems surreal to say that, but it's really true! Tomorrow afternoon we're starting our vacation the way we did before Florida this summer - at the Kansas City Airport Marriott. We'll get relaxed and we'll get to swim. hopefully we'll get a decent night's sleep. Friday morning we fly on Southwest to LAX, where we will head out to see G.G. (Erick's grandma).

We are so looking forward to this trip. It's a week long vacation, in which we'll spend the last five days with friends (and the Timbers VanDykes) in a house on the beach north of San Diego. I can't think of a better way to spend a week in February.

The visit with Erick's grandma will be lots of fun too. It will be nice to catch up with her, and Sophia is always taken with her. We haven't been to her house since Sophia has been walking. She loved the lemon tree on our last visit. I can't imagine how much fun she'll have in a spring-like environment after being cooped up in this year's frozen tundra of Missouri. For that matter, I can't imagine how much fun I'll have getting to be outside!! I really can't wait.

Anyway, I'm not trying to rub it in. But I will try to update the blog if I can, as a journal of our activities if nothing else. I won't blame you if you don't read it. We'll be back next weekend and I may be back to normal blogging the next week. Who knows.

No more blogs from Missouri for over a week! Yippee!

1 comment:

  1. As jealous as I may be, I do want to hear all about it. Southern Cali is SO beautiful. I was just watching some PGA golf (yes, really) and they're at Torrey Pines this weekend. We stopped there last May on our drive up the coast. Enjoy your vacay and try to bring back an early spring to Missouri!

    ReplyDelete