Friday, January 8, 2010

Cabin Fever

 

Apparently cold weather and being trapped in a house with a 3-year-old makes me grumpy. I'm actually feeling much better today, but grumpy is an accurate description of me yesterday.

Yesterday, as I was trying to meet a "request" (I use that term loosely) of hers and wasn't proceeding at the pace dictated by her needs... she asked repeatedly when it would be ready. Finally, I said in a less than kind tone, "Sophia, can you please be patient?" She looked me in the eye and responded in a sweet tone, "Sure, Mommy. How about you? Can you be patient?" Ouch. I could only answer that I was trying.

Today is a much better day, but I still think we'll have to get out or I'll have trouble being patient again...

Good luck to all the moms stuck inside four walls with their kids!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...patience. It's the "requests" that get to me, cabin fever or not. Sometimes I just want to finish something I'm working on and THEN get them their "request", especially when I now it's not an urgent matter.

    ReplyDelete