Monday, April 23, 2012

Silver Dollar Good Times


This last weekend, we went to Springfield to visit my parents. We also went to Silver Dollar City. Sophia tried so many more rides than she ever has. The Thunderation roller coaster, Fire in the Hole and the newer circle swings. I was amazed at her willingness to attempt these rides that would normally be much too scary for her. There was one reason only that she was willing to do it. To impress her older cousins, Grant and Allison. Here she is waiting in line for Fire in the Hole with my mom and Allison.
It's been years since we've been to Silver Dollar City with them, and Sophia soaked up each minute. In this case, literally soaked... My camera got a little wet, too. I love this new ride and the water guns surrounding it.
Now Sophia wants to move to Branson so we could go any time. I believe that's how our family ended up in Springfield to begin with... But we'll just plan some Silver Dollar City time. And I won't hold my breath for her to try these rides again soon. She told Grandma and Grandpa that Fire in the Hole and Thunderation were just "once a year" rides... Tomorrow - Gabriella's birthday party!! More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment