Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sophia says...


When Sophia got out of the bath the other day, she immediately put on footie pajama's even though it was 2:00 in the afternoon. While playing in her room, she came across some makeup, put it on and decided she needed to be dressed more appropriately. As she stood in front of her closet, she put her hands on her hips and said, "Hmmmm, sparkles or sequins?" I realized immediately that I have never once posed that question to myself.


We have been reading more Bible stories lately, which is a great conversation starter with a five-year-old, especially one who freaks out over obscure injury and illness. So, after reading about when Jesus healed the ten lepers, I could tell she was thinking more about the disease, even though we had talked about how little possibility there was to get it, etc. Still, she lifted her shirt to look at her belly and said, "You know what looks a lot like leprosy? Bug bites when they're healing. Look." Sure. Just like it.

She called Erick on his way home earlier because she had some things to tell him. Once she was through, she said, "Okay, I'm just gonna let you go now because we can talk when you get here."

The other day, I said, "I love you, Goober." She was right behind me with an, "I love you, Schmoober." Then today, as I was leaving the room after a particularly funny conversation, I told her she was awesome. Sophia followed with "Right back atcha."

I love being around Sophia. It's not going to be much longer till she's too cool for me. Still, hopefully I have a while till she figures that out for herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment