Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Showers of Blessings



I have had days that I was grateful for a shower, but never as much as today. Allow me to explain. For reasons unknown to us, Sophia was awake last night from 12:30 to 5:15 a.m. Boooo! At first we took turns with her, thinking that she just needed a little help getting comfortable since she's still a little sick. Then we realized she had no interest in going to sleep, so I took over the crazy duty. Around 5 o'clock, she got crazier and louder, so I was about to just call it a morning when she finally gave in. We slept in her room until 8:15. When neither of us has slept well the night before, we always having trouble. But this morning, she was still obviously not feeling well, and was displaying that through a series of adolescent rages. Oh boy. We had fun.

Anyway, after her incredibly short morning nap and a visit from Daddy, we visited Casey and the boys across the street. That really picked up her spirits, and she took a much better afternoon nap. During said nap, I finally got a shower. As the hot water poured over me, reviving my less than perky spirit, I thanked God out loud for hot showers.

2 comments:

  1. Love you two girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: How do they test for flu? Is it the color of the boogies? I would like a hometest option...much like the pregnancy test.
    Fact: Your daughter is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete