Thursday, July 23, 2009

Decision

Since I sewed Lulu up, Sophia has had nothing, and I mean nothing, to do with the new Lulu. In light of this new development, I think we'll send her back. I realize that I'm going against the better judgment of 75% of my readers. All 9 of you. But the decision is really Sophia's, and I believe she's spoken.

This morning, I asked her if she thinks we should send new Lulu back to the store. At first, she said that she wanted to keep her here. Then I explained to her that new Lulu needed to be loved just like her Lulu has been loved. If she didn't think she had enough love for both Lulus, then we should give another little girl the chance to love her (although I don't think there has ever been a Lulu as loved as Sophia's). Sophia took both Lulus and gave them a big hug. Then she threw new Lulu to me and said, "Another little girl can have this Lulu and I will keep my Lulu. They'll both be loved." And that's that.

Now she's excited to go to the Post Office and send her off. So, thanks for all the input. If you have any last minute arguments, you better get them out. Otherwise, new Lulu is headed off to a new home.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you explained it to her. You're a great Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I change my vote, send the new one back! 20 years from now Sophia will be happy she has her same one.

    ReplyDelete