Sunday, July 5, 2009

Packing


Today we are packing to leave for a few nights. One in Kansas City and three in Orlando. We have been waiting for this trip for what feels like forever. We are nearly giddy with excitement! I know it will be over before I'm ready, but I plan to enjoy every moment, knowing full well that traveling with a toddler can be tenuous.

And then again, I'm back here where I started. At the risk of being a Debby Downer, I'm going to be honest. In the excitement of packing for our trip, I came across Sophia's "Big Sister" shirt, and it hit me all over again why we get to go on this damn trip to begin with. So, here I sit. Typing this out and hoping that my tears will all be shed this morning. It's the same old tune. I suppose I have to cry today so I can laugh until I cry tomorrow. At least that's what I'm holding out for.

Sorry to bring it down a notch. I really am excited to get away with the sweetest little girl and the funniest guy I know. We have the best time traveling together. We're a very good team. I just wanted to share. Why? I have no idea.

We are sleeping in the same room with Sophia, so I'm not sure I'll have any chance to post while we're gone. Maybe I'll post tomorrow so this isn't the last thing you hear from me for a while. I'm sure you'll be okay. Just take this moment to breathe it in. The good with the bad. Gotta love this ride.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are getting to go on a vacation, yet sad that you are too. You hang tight to that "big sister" t-shirt. It will be used one of these days. And that big sister is going to be a great one! I hope you have a fabulous trip. We will be thinking of you and missing you this week.

    ReplyDelete