Monday, July 20, 2009

Delaying the Inevitable

As promised, I'm going to address the Lulu conundrum. If you are unfamiliar with the sage, you can click here..

We knew that Lulu would barely survive the trip to Florida. Sophia did bring Lulu with her most of the time, but one thing that helped to delay Lulu's demise was the acquisition of a new friend. This is Marie, the kitten from Aristocats. For about six hours, she supplanted Lulu. That was it. Now she's just another friend.



Lulu did survive the trip. Her current condition adds new meaning to "hanging by a thread."



Three of her four limbs are hanging on by mere threads. She still has Cheeto residue on her face because I'm afraid to use more than a gentle wipe. Her stuffing is coming out. Really it has to be humiliating for her.



Particularly when compared to the bright, shining countenance of her newer counterpart. Notice the freckles. Old Lulu's freckles are long gone.



Lulu no longer leaves the house. That's the rule. I told Sophia if she leaves the house again, she'll probably fall apart. Sophia seemed to accept that. When asked if she'd like to bring the new Lulu with her, she glanced casually at her and said, "I'll just bring no friends." Ouch.



I even tried to tell Sophia that she just needs to let me have Lulu for a little while, so I can work on stitching her all back up. Sophia was not okay with this idea in the least. "No, Mommy! I like my Lulu lumpy!"

So I guess we're all in a stand still until Lulu actually falls apart. Any bets on when that will be?

1 comment:

  1. Lulu is pretty tough. I give her another month at least before Sophia will finally agree that she needs serious surgery. What a good friend Lulu has been.
    P.S. You might not want to bring her around Macy Gray.

    ReplyDelete